There’s a great new brunch in town – an Italian brunch run by Italians in a wine bar/restaurant just off Place Jourdan on rue Froissart.
The restaurant seats about 35-40 people and is decorated in a simple and sleek way with large windows that let lots of natural light in (nice even in autumn’s grey and gloom…)
But on to the food… You basically have two different brunch menus: a sweet buffet breakfast (€12) that includes:
- Buffet bar of bread, croissants and other pastries
- A selection of homemade cakes
- A basket of butter, jam and Nutella
- An orange juice, hot drink (coffee or tea) and a cold drink
The second option is the savory menu (€22) which includes all of the above, plus:
- A plate of hot food including eggs of your choice (frittata pictured below), a selection of seasonal vegetables (all cooked. The tomatoes were amazing!), bacon, and salmon (which we did not order)
- A small portion of homemade lasagna
(I think that was it but can’t be 100% sure as there was no written menu yet to be found and I’m not sure I followed the whole description of the brunch concept…) But anyway, we went for the big menu and were happy we did so because although the sweet items are good (don’t miss the delicious cakes!), what really stands out and sets this place apart from others is the quality and the generous portions of the savory items. It almost feels like your Mamma or Nonna is making breakfast for you at home. And for the price, which unlike many other brunch venues in town already includes drinks, this is a really good deal.
Maybe we were extra lucky because we went during the opening weekend and they were trying to impress, but I will certainly be going back to this Sunday brunch which has instantly become one of my favorites in town!
La Vita è Bella – rue Froissart 43, 1040 Brussels
Sunday brunch from 10:30 to 15:30, on select Sundays only. See Facebook page for more details and scheduling.